- WHAT'S NEW
- ABOUT US
- OUR PROGRAMS
- HOW YOU CAN HELP
- CONTACT US
Our Chefs Need You! Can You Help Today?
It's that time of year again: when the Miriam's Kitchen chefs ask for help in stocking our shelves to prepare for the next 6 months of meals.
What's on their wish list today?
- canned tuna (75 cans per week are used during Miriam's Cafe)
- ground coffee (50 pounds of coffee are brewed for our guests each week)
- large cans of oatmeal (25 pounds a week help provide our guests with a healthy start to the day)
- healthy cereal (our guests use 100 boxes per week)
Because of the support from donors like you, chefs Steve, John and Jose are able to keep our food costs to less than $1 per plate while still providing high-quality meals (here are some photos from our kitchen to give you a sense of the quality we serve.)
These healthy meals are critical to our guests' survival:
When you’re staying on the street, you can’t eat right. I come to Miriam’s Kitchen because they serve healthy food that gives me strength.
That's why we ask you every so often to help us stock our shelves--so that we can spend our limited food budget on the things that aren't often donated (like perishable meat and dairy products.)
Here are two ways you can help right now:
1. Purchase our top needs from our Amazon wish list (check it out here!)
2. Collect our most-needed food items from friends, family and co-workers and drop them off Monday through Friday, 6 am to 5 pm (you can read more about our donation policies here.)
Thanks for your help as we make sure our guests have healthy meals throughout the year.
Many thanks to FASTSIGNS of WASHINGTON, DC for donating the beautiful signage on our new ride! With our colorful van driving around town, we’re sure to turn heads and gather even more great donations of fresh food for our guests.